Bed bug infestations in hotels are on the rise not just in the U.S. but around the world. This is due to the pests hitching a ride inside luggage, clothing, purses, planes, trains, or anything mobile that provides a warm place for an undisturbed journey.
The blood-thirsty bugs do not discriminate when it comes to a good meal. Adults, teens, and children are all of the bed bug menu. The result of a bed bug bite results in red, itchy welts. Most people have no reaction to the bite other than itching while others suffer from an allergic reaction.
Before and during your travel time, there are some tips to help keep bed bugs at bay.
- Before booking a hotel at your destination location, check online for customer reviews. These will give you an idea of what to expect and if the hotel, motel, hostel, or bed and breakfast has had a bed bug problem.
- Spray your luggage with a bed bug control product, inside and out.
- Pack clothing in sealed storage bags.
- Inspect the hotel room including bedding, baseboards, drawers, and headboard.
- Keep luggage off the floor and closed.
- If bed bugs are present, contact management immediately.
When you want to help bed bugs pack their bags and take a one-way trip out of town, call the professionals at Stern Environmental Group. They’ve got just the ticket to send bed bugs on their way.