Cockroaches are known for surviving everything, which is why business owners need professional help exterminating them. Consider the long, strange history of roaches:
- Cockroaches have existed since about 80 million years before the first dinosaurs!
- Some cultures used to consider cockroaches good luck. People even brought roaches into new homes as housewarming gifts.
- In some places, people eat cockroaches with oil and garlic as a digestive aid.
Cockroaches are hardy:
Here’s why cockroach problems turn into infestations overnight:
- Some cockroaches can lay over 2 million babies in a year.
- Many species reproduce less — but still about 10,000 babies per mother.
- Female roaches can get pregnant once, and stay pregnant for the rest of their lives!
Cockroaches are hard to eliminate:
Roach killer products found in stores tend to bring mediocre results at best, followed by a complete return of the infestation. Here’s why professional cockroach exterminators are needed:
- You can’t starve them: cockroaches live weeks without water and a month without food.
- You can’t swat them: cockroaches can grow back legs. Some live for weeks with their head cut off!
- You can’t simply poison them: some roaches won’t take bait, others will survive certain chemicals. Often, pesticide and sterilization chemicals get the best results.
Cockroaches have a reputation for difficult, disgusting infestations. Keep your company’s reputation intact and contact the roach control experts at Stern for fast, safe extermination.