No one wants to think about the fact that their home or business could be infested with rats. And yet, in our area of the country, these pests are far too common. Before contacting NJ pest control, it’s helpful to know if what you’re dealing with is in fact a rat problem. There are several ways that you can tell.
How to Identify a Rat Infestation
You’re not likely to see a rat in your home or business, but that doesn’t mean they won’t leave signs behind that can alert you of their presence. Some of the most common signs of a rat infestation are:
– Finding rat droppings near food, including dog or cat food dishes or containers.
– Hearing sounds coming from the attic once it begins to get dark.
– Finding old rat nests near firewood stacks.
– Evidence that rats are eating fruit or nuts that have fallen from trees in the yard.
– Burrows beneath garbage cans or compost bins.
Contacting NJ Pest Control to Help With Your Rat Problem
Because rats are so good at hiding, it can be hard to notice an infestation until it’s gotten out of control. Traps may not be enough to deal with them. You may need the help of the NJ pest control specialists here at Stern Environmental.
No one wants to deal with a rat problem. If you think you might have an infestation, please contact us right away!