Your NJ pest control experts know that a lot of bed bug problems happen because people believe various myths about these pests that aren’t true. It’s possible that you’ve even believed some of them, and we want to do our part to help set the record straight.
Top 10 Bed Bug Myths
1. The chemicals needed to kill off bed bugs are now illegal. They are not illegal, but only professionals have access to them.
2. Remedies like diatomaceous earth, dryer sheets and essential oils will keep bed bugs away. They don’t.
3. Plastic, wood and leather are immune to bed bug infestations. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
4. There must not be any bed bugs present because only one person has bites. Everyone could have them, and just not show symptoms.
5. Bed bugs don’t move from room to room. They’re actually really great hitchhikers.
6. Bed bugs will stay away if a place is too clean. Cleanliness really has nothing to do with infestations.
7. Mattress covers will keep bed bugs away. That’s not entirely true, but they will keep the bed from getting infested.
8. Heat will get rid of bed bugs. It can work, but cold has been shown to work better.
9. You have to get them from another person’s home. This isn’t true at all. These pests can be anywhere.
10. All NJ pest control specialists are the same. Again, not true. You want to choose one that uses only the most modern treatment methods.
Bed bugs can be a real problem, and one that you count on us to exterminate. Contact us for help today!