Stern Environmental Group has just added a new product line in our potent bed bug control arsenal. We now carry bed bug-proof covers for mattresses and box springs.
- If you’ve never had bed bugs, these covers can make sure they never get into your mattress or box springs, protecting you from future infestations.
- If you’re already the victim of a bed bug invasion, these covers will allow you to continue using your mattress and box springs.
Since a bed mattress and box springs set is a fairly large investment, particularly if you have a queen or king-sized bed, a small investment in a quality cover that’s impervious to bed bugs is a smart idea. Not to mention that when you’ve finally found a mattress set you like, one that guarantees you a good night’s sleep, it’s pretty hard to think of giving it up just because bed bugs might find it comfy too. For hotels, hostels and other lodging providers, which have a significant financial investment in bed mattresses and box springs, covers provide a reliable protection on your investment.
These new mattress/box springs covers are specifically designed to counter bed bugs. They can be used to encase your mattress and box springs. Features like gap-free stitching and enforced zippers trap bugs and eggs inside. A poly-urethane coating keeps bugs from biting through or escaping. The covers are made from materials that are comfortable, hygienic and allergy-free. They’re quiet and won’t crinkle when you roll over like typical vinyl or plastic mattress covers.
Many people who find themselves living with bed bugs want to throw out their bed, mattress and box springs. Unfortunately, your new bed is apt to become infected by unkilled bugs or future infestations and you’re back to square one. It just doesn’t make sense to throw away a perfectly comfortable bed when a bed-bug proof cover will do the job. Click the post title for more information on the new bed bug-impervious mattress/box springs covers available from Stern Environmental Group. Contact us for more information and prices. For more information on bed bugs, visit our website.
Mattress/box springs covers provide the perfect revenge for bed bug sufferers. They seal the nasty critters inside an airtight environment where they gasp their last and die, never to bite again. Like the guy says in the television commercial: “Payback. This time it’s for real!”
From our fan mail:
“Bedbug problem eliminated 100%, I can now sleep throughout the night. Wilson was very helpful and professional and after following direct instructions from Ella and Wilson, the infestations was fully eliminated. I strongly recommend Stern Environmental Group to eleviate all pest concerns and issues.”
We were happy to help this client get her life back to normal. We understand the panic, horror, even revulsion people feel when they find out they have bed bugs. For many people, the social stigma amplifies their distress to intolerable levels.
Despite public perception, bed bugs are not a sign of a dirty home or personal uncleanliness. Like fleas and tics, they’re insects of convenience. You can bring them into your home unwittingly on used furniture, cardboard boxes, infected clothing, used mattresses, etc. They’re tiny, they hide in minuscule cracks and crevices, they can survive in extreme weather conditions, they can go without food for months, they’re survivors just waiting to be transported to a comfy, cozy spot (your bedroom) where they can gorge themselves into a stupor (on you). Yep, unfortunately you’re their meal of choice. The little vampires feed on human blood, often sucking it up for 5 to 10 minutes at a time while you lie sleeping.
Bed bugs are extremely difficult to get rid of without professional help. We are the bed bug experts. Stern Environmental Group technicians are highly skilled and specifically trained to correctly identify, root out and kill bed bugs. The chemicals we use will zero in on the dastardly critters but are completely safe for you, your children and your pets. Click the post title to find out more about bed bugs on our website. You’ll find information on the safe chemicals we use under FAQs. If you think you might have bed bugs, don’t hesitate to call us today. We’ll get rid of your bed bugs before they take over your life — guaranteed! You’ll sleep better tonight when you get “Stern” with your pests.
Asthma is a growing problem in children and cockroaches have been proven to be a major factor. Several recent comprehensive studies by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and the National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases have confirmed the dangerous connection between cockroaches and asthma in children.
They report that “one in five children in the United States have severe sensitivities to cockroach allergens, which can cause or increase the severity of asthma symptoms. These allergens are most commonly introduced into homes through cockroach saliva, droppings and the decomposing bodies of these pests,” reports the National Pest Management Association in a recent press release.
Homeowners must be vigilant in preventing infestations, which usually increase as temperatures rise in the summer. Cockroaches thrive in warm, dark, moist places and are most active when temperatures reach 70 degrees and above. For more information on these nasty pests, click the post title.
The National Pest Management Association offers homeowners some tips to protect their families against cockroach infestation:
- Keep food tightly sealed and stored properly, particularly in kitchens.
- Clean kitchens daily where crumbs and trash are more likely to build up.
- Dispose of garbage daily or more often and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes in homes, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
If you see a cockroach in your home or suspect you may have a problem, contact Stern Environmental Group immediately. There is no such thing as a single cockroach. If you live in an apartment or other multi-family housing unit and your neighbors complain of roaches, chances are they’ll be invading your home next, if they haven’t already.
You need a qualified pest professional to treat infestations and protect your children and your family. Stern Environmental Group uses safe and effective pest control products that won’t harm your children or pets. Visit our website to find out about our pest control and pest management services. The only good roach is a dead roach! Call our roach control experts today to keep your family and your children safe. You’ll sleep well tonight when you get “Stern” with your pests.
“Bed bugs devour family on cruise!”
“Voracious bugs attack man in cabin!”
“Bed bugs send cruise passengers fleeing to doctor!”
The inflammatory headlines read like supermarket tabloids but the danger is real. It takes just one infected guest to spread bed bugs throughout a cruise ship or hotel and ruin your vacation. Tiny, prolific and easily transported, bed bugs can travel quickly from room to room, through ducts, on clothing, on linens, etc. Infestations can occur quickly where large numbers of people congregate and sleep under the same roof.
For bed bugs, a cruise ship is the penultimate life experience:
- A captive audience. You can’t jump ship; there’s nowhere to go once the ship sets sail.
- A wide and varied menu. That’s you and all your cruise-mates!
- Plenty of cracks and crevices to hide in for a nice nap between meals.
Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic, Google Groups and other websites track comments and complaints about bed bugs on cruise lines, hotels and motels, hostels and campgrounds. Readers post their personal experiences and warnings to other travelers. Before you book a cruise or resort stay, you might want to see what fellow guests are saying.
If you own or manage a vacation destination, you’ll want to have your facility inspected on a regular basis to make sure you don’t put your guests at risk of a bed bug attack. There’s nothing like a bed bug scare to send guests packing in panic. Bed bugs can be a real business breaker.
Stern Environmental Group to the rescue! We can inspect your facility and let you know with certainty whether you have bed bugs or a look-alike pest. If your facility is infected, we can get rid of the problem — guaranteed! Don’t loose your shirt to bed bugs this summer. Take precautions to insure a successful tourist season. Call the pest control and pest management experts at Stern Environmental Group today. Visit our website for more information on bed bugs and our complete pest control services. You and your guests will sleep well tonight when you get “Stern” with your pests.
Life doesn’t end if your home or apartment is invaded by bed bugs. You will still want to visit with friends and family. Or you may just need to take a vacation away from the problem.
There are a few simple precautions you can take to limit the possibility of spreading bed bugs when you travel. Bedbugger.com offers some traveling tips from people who have been there:
- Become a minimalist. Take the absolute least amount of stuff possible. Repeat outfits, mix and match, wear the same pair of shoes with everything. If you’re going on vacation, plan to visit a laundromat every few days. It’ll give you a change to read those guide books you picked up.
- Travel light. Don’t take a suitcase unless you really have to. Pack your clothes into zip-lock bags hot from the dryer. Put all the zip-locks into a larger plastic bag and carry them that way. Zip-lock now sells huge storage bags with handles that make perfect “suitcases.”
- Deep six the cosmetic bags and travel totes. Carry toiletries in zip-lock sandwich bags. Don’t take your hairdryer or curling iron, borrow from your friends.
- Keep your stuff in your car while you’re visiting. Use your car trunk as a dresser, taking out of your car just what you need. Store your dirty clothes in a plastic bag in your car. Keep your coat in the car too. If it’s winter, you won’t die from exposure walking the 20 feet from your friend’s front door to your car. The point is, the less you take into someone else’s house, the less the chance of carrying in a hitchhiking bed bug or two.
- Bake the bugs. If it’s summer, load your stuff into the back seat of your car a day or two before your trip, park in full sun with the windows rolled up tight, and let it bake. The heat will help destroy any stray bugs that might have sneaked into your stuff while you packed.
- Buy fresh. Don’t take magazines, books, maps or guide books from home. Buy fresh after you leave home.
- Say it with flowers. Don’t carry hostess gifts from your home to your destination. You may wind up giving your family or friends a little gift no one bargained for. Purchase gifts en route or shop ahead and arrange for them to be shipped directly from the retailer. Of course, you can always have flowers delivered.
By taking a few simple precautions, you and your friends will enjoy your visit — and remain bed bug free! For more information on bed bugs and how to get rid of them, click the post title. If you have bed bugs, Stern Environmental Group is the expert in bed bug eradication — guaranteed. You’ll sleep well tonight when you get “Stern” with your pests.