Bed bugs are a homeowner’s worst nightmare as these blood-sucking pests are inventive in their modes of travel and their hiding places. As some people may think, based on the bug’s name, they are found in many hiding places in and around bedding.
Small crevices in places behind baseboards, in a headboard, packed boxes, or lounging behind the headboard are just a few places they are found. At night, they make their way to the buffet table, which is you, for a satisfying meal.
Tips for Infestations
If you find evidence of bed bugs such as blood specks on the bedding, bug excrement, or multiple red and itching welts on your body, it’s time to take action to rid your home of these pesky intruders.
• Purchase specially designed bed bug covers for your bedding.
• Thoroughly clean infected areas by packing up infected clothing, toys, etc. in garbage bags and throwing them away.
• For those renting an apartment or condo, contact the landlord immediately.
• You can also notify the housing department for your city.
• Contact a NYC bed bug exterminator for an inspection and treatment options.
At Stern Environmental Group, bed bud infestations are just one of the many areas our NYC bed bug exterminator specialists handle on a daily basis.
Call our office at your earliest convenience to make an appointment for a bed bug inspection and treatment plan to ensure a bug free home.