Most everyone likes a good smooch every once in a while but not when it comes via a kissing bug especially since these friendly pests are known carriers of Chagas disease.
About Kissing Bugs
NJ pest control specialists know how to handle these pests that pose health problems via a non-painful bite to feed on your blood.
The bug, triatomines, originated in Latin America and made its way to the U.S. where it is becoming more prevalent with growing populations. So far, 28 states have been documented as having kissing bugs in residence.
Signs and Symptoms
An estimated 70 percent of people do not notice any symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they may show as rashes, aches, fever, tiredness, and swollen glands. There may be a noticeable bump near the bite mark.
When caught early via a blood test, treatment is handled with medications. If left untreated, it can have life-threatening consequences, which include the development of chronic heart disease, arrhythmias, strokes, and cardiac arrest.
A 2017 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes the disease has infected an estimated 8 million people.
When these bugs invade your home, NJ pest control professionals will stop their blood-sucking shenanigans.
Put a stop to overly-friendly smoochers with help from the pest removal experts at the Stern Environmental Group. Give us a call today and we’ll take care of these overly-friendly pests fast!
Cockroaches have been around since the beginning of time, and with their ability to survive will most likely continue to be a pest well into the future.
Tips for Managing Cockroaches
Using the services of a NJ cockroach exterminator is one good way to handle cockroaches. There are several things you can do to help keep these pesky bugs under control.
– It’s easy to say you’ll do the dishes “later” but chances are, they’ll sit in the sink providing a luxurious buffet for cockroaches. Do the dishes more frequently and it will take less time.
– Cockroaches can chew through bread wrappers, cracker bags, and other packaging. Keep these items in the refrigerator or in sealed plastic containers.
– If you have pets, don’t leave food bowls out overnight with tasty tidbits.
– Don’t allow garbage to accumulate in the kitchen container. Empty it periodically.
– Pull the stove away from the wall to clean up any food bits that have fallen down the side and any drips stuck to the side of the stove.
– Make sure all covers on food items stored on counters are tightly closed.
These are just a few tips to get you started on keeping cockroaches at bay. To thoroughly eliminate these fast-moving bugs, contact Stern. We’ll schedule a NJ cockroach exterminator to inspect and, if necessary, to treat your home. Don’t delay, call Stern today to get rid of these disease-carrying pests.
Keeping a building safeguarded against insects and rodents is an ongoing job but one that can be easily managed by facility managers with an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
About Integrated Pest Management
As managers responsible for the cleanliness of a building already know, ensuring a high level of sanitation is a daily process. To help managers stay on top of the frequent issues that arise with building cleanliness and the prevention of pests, a short checklist can ensure a smooth running operation.
– Inspection – your first step in securing the integrity of the building’s cleanliness is a thorough inspection. Facility managers should look for any areas in need of repair such as the roof, vents, and other entry points that rodents and insects can squeeze through.
– Partner with a local NJ pest control company to inspect areas that could be potential pest-friendly hide-outs.
– Landscaped areas are also a cozy place for nesting pests and hideaways for foraging rodents.
– Storage areas, trash bins, and dumpsters are areas that need to be regularly checked.
– Entryways are an easy way for pests to get inside if there are gaps that need sealing.
– Facility cleaning crews should be kept up-to-date on proper cleaning methods.
For help with pest prevention, our professional pest control technicians are ready to tackle any problems. To schedule an inspection with our team of NJ pest control specialists, contact us at Stern Environmental Group.
Everyone knows that New York City is prime territory for bed bugs. When it comes to bed bugs in apartment buildings, one would assume that NYC bed bug specialists would be called right away to deal with the problem. In the case of one woman living in the Bronx, exterminators were called, but she was told to stay in the apartment as bed bug bait.
Breeding Grounds for a Lawsuit
If you’ve ever dealt with bed bugs, you know that your first order of business is to get out and let the professionals handle it. You don’t want to stay in a place where you’re being bitten, and suffer psychological damage as a result.
Why would a housing manager tell the woman to stay in the apartment with her infant son after it was treated with chemicals? He had already suffered many bites, some of which allegedly left scars. The woman’s spouse did stay in the apartment, and it was discovered that the chemicals didn’t work.
Proper Bed Bug Treatment
Many would say that this woman does have a solid basis for her lawsuit. However, what she really needs is the help of NYC bed bug specialists who can take care of the problem the right way.
At Stern, we know that chemicals aren’t always effective because bed bugs have adapted to them. We use the best methods for proper bed bug elimination. Contact us!
You can’t fight city hall—at least not by dropping off bed bugs. That’s the lesson recently learned by a 74-year-old man in Augusta, Maine, whom officials charged with misdemeanor assault and government obstruction.
Charles Manning was apparently upset about a bed bug infestation and troubled by a lack of help from local officials. He walked into the Augusta City Center holding a container of more than a hundred live bed bugs, emptying them onto a clerk’s counter. Manning said he wanted them to experience bed bug problems first-hand to feel his pain.
While we can’t condone his actions, it’s easy to feel for Mr. Manning or anyone else with struggling with a bed bug infestation. Just take a look at these photos of bed bug bites.
Don’t Point Fingers, Take Action with Bed Bug Control!
In NYC, the buck stops with landlords and property managers when it comes to getting rid of bed bugs. Respond quickly to reports, before tenants complain to the city or publish bed bug reports online!
Stern Environmental has NYC bed bug specialists who use scientifically advanced bed bug treatments. Cryonite freezes and kills bed bugs—and their eggs—in an environmentally friendly way. It’s safe for apartment buildings, offices, hotels, dormitories, and other commercial properties.
Don’t get mad. Get in the clear with help from NYC bed bug specialists. Contact Stern Environmental for more info about our bed bug treatment services.