Along with beautiful fall weather, cool temperatures, colorful leaves and holiday events, there’s also an on-going parade of unseen pests making their way inside your home or business in preparation for winter temps.
Preventing Fall Pests
Fall pests include a variety of visitors from beetles and bugs to mice and assorted wildlife. All are on the hunt for a warm place to snuggle down when the temperatures drop.
There are quite a few things you can do that will prevent pests from entering the premises.
• Seal and/or repair any openings into your home such as replacing deteriorated weather stripping around doors and windows.
• Repair any damaged screens in windows and doors.
• Add a door sweep to prevent entry.
• Install screens on openings to chimneys and attic vents. Both are invitations for visitors.
• Caulk outside cracks and crevices using standard caulk or steel wool. Pests are savvy and can squeeze through small openings.
• If you use firewood, store it away from your home.
• For those who enjoy feeding the birds and squirrels, or provide a dish of food for outside pets, remove any uneaten food.
• Don’t leave water standing around. Like food, pests need water too.
• Hire the services of a NYC pest control company.
If your building is experiencing an influx of unwanted fall residents, contact our knowledgeable staff at Stern Environmental. Our NYC pest control technicians know how to evict and eliminate seasonal pests.