Keeping a building safeguarded against insects and rodents is an ongoing job but one that can be easily managed by facility managers with an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
About Integrated Pest Management
As managers responsible for the cleanliness of a building already know, ensuring a high level of sanitation is a daily process. To help managers stay on top of the frequent issues that arise with building cleanliness and the prevention of pests, a short checklist can ensure a smooth running operation.
– Inspection – your first step in securing the integrity of the building’s cleanliness is a thorough inspection. Facility managers should look for any areas in need of repair such as the roof, vents, and other entry points that rodents and insects can squeeze through.
– Partner with a local NJ pest control company to inspect areas that could be potential pest-friendly hide-outs.
– Landscaped areas are also a cozy place for nesting pests and hideaways for foraging rodents.
– Storage areas, trash bins, and dumpsters are areas that need to be regularly checked.
– Entryways are an easy way for pests to get inside if there are gaps that need sealing.
– Facility cleaning crews should be kept up-to-date on proper cleaning methods.
For help with pest prevention, our professional pest control technicians are ready to tackle any problems. To schedule an inspection with our team of NJ pest control specialists, contact us at Stern Environmental Group.