Bed Bug Blue Fecal Spot Detection Kit
Created by the makers of PackTite, the home portable bed bug heat chamber, is the new bed bug fecal spot detector called Bed Bug Blue™. This new, inexpensive, and easy to use test kit allows home owners and pest professionals alike to definitively test spots for blood residue assuring that the spot has been left by a bed bug and reaffirming the presence of bed bugs in an environment.
Bed bug treatment can be costly and preparation for treatment can be time consuming. Now with Bed Bug Blue™ and a simple test you can know you have a bed bug problem even if you can't find these secretive hiding insects visually. In less than one minute the test strips tell you if there is blood present in the black spots you've found indicating that a bed bug has most likely left this debris as part of its feeding process.
Here's what comes in the test kit:
- Special unique Bed Bug Blue™ detection tape with 9 test windows.
- One bottle of spot developer fluid
- 9 Cotton swabs
- An instruction guide
Here's how you test:
- Take one cotton swab and put one or two drops of the spot developer fluid on it.
- Rub the swab over the spots you would like to test to collect a sample.
- Immediately apply the sample to one of the test card windows.
- Allow one minute for full development of color.
- A blue result may indicate the presence of a bed bug infestation. A negative result will show no color in the test window.
It's that simple! Now you know if there is blood present in the spot you've tested. To avoid a false positive make sure to read the instruction guide.
Bed bug fecal spots can appear like mold spots and are usually black to dark brown. Bed bug fecal spots will smear and will retain their dark color when using a cotton swab.
Video of consumer version.