The Revolutionary NightWatch Beg Bug Monitor & Trap is Here!
NightWatch is an innovative bed bug trap and monitoring device that uses heat and CO2 to attract, trap and kill bed bugs. The NightWatch trap creates the same CO2 patterns that a sleeping human does; attracting bed bugs for a quick bite, a snack, and then death.
This new proactive detection and monitoring product has been created by BioSensory Inc. and was extensively tested by Entomologists at Purdue University. The Entomologists concluded from their experiments that "pitfall traps with heat and CO2 have potential to be useful tools for monitoring bed bug infestations and reducing bed bug numbers." – Just the right combination of elements that NightWatch provides to attract and then trap pesky bed bugs.
"Bed bugs are a scourge that must be dealt with." says Patrick Callahan, Director of Global Sales and Marketing for BioSensory in Connecticut. With NightWatch, pest management professionals have another excellent tool to monitor for and then kill bed bugs effectively.
Several real world uses for NightWatch would be:
- Consumer rental of traps to validate a bed bug problem. As many pests can be thought to be bed bugs, the verification of the presence of bed bugs or lack there of can save extermination fees, which for some homes can be several thousand dollars.
- Hotels and motels may want to purchase several NightWatch traps and rotate
them on their floors to verify that their proactive bed bug prevention
treatments are working. Additionally hotels and cruise ships may want to rent
units to validate a bed bug finding before hiring a bed bug extermination
professional to treat the problem.
- Hotels and motels may want to keep traps for a week in rooms next to bed bug infested rooms that have just undergone treatment to make sure that bed bugs have not crawled under a wall or through a ceiling vent to spread the problem into adjoining rooms.
NightWatch is available now for purchase. We believe that the NightWatch monitors and traps are an innovative new product that will help our clients sleep better at night and protect their property investments.
Pricing is as follows:
- $450 each unit with free shipping.
- Replacement 20 ounce CO2 canisters are readily available locally at Lowes and Home Depot.
NightWatch is easy to use and portable too!
- Connect the CO2 supply.
- Plug in the NightWatch bed bug monitor into any outlet. It starts as soon as you plug it in.
- Set the current time.
- Place the trap in a strategic location under the bed near the headboard to start trapping bed bugs. NightWatch will operate automatically from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM or any other eight hour time interval you set for monitoring. It will resume operation automatically after a power surge or electrical interruption. (The clock will need to be reset after a power outage.)
- In the morning empty the trapped bed bugs from the trap's pit and remove them from the premises in a sealed refuse bag.
- If no bed bugs are detected, monitor the room for a minimum of four nights and preferably fourteen. If bugs have been trapped, have the room or hotel room treated by the team of bed bug experts by Stern Environmental Group. After treatment, continue to monitor the room for an additional two weeks.
The device must be left in place for two weeks to produce a result that the company says is 99% conclusive.
NightWatch is a superior product for identifying the presence of bed bugs before an infestation happens allowing you to take prompt action to protect your home or hotel property and stop the spread of these pests. With its automatic on and off feature and long lasting CO2 cartridge, NightWatch is a product that you will find easy to use as a bed bug monitoring device in multi-family and hospitality properties.
It is important to monitor for a full fourteen night period when you suspect bed bugs. As after a blood meal, bed bugs may possibly not feed again for another fourteen nights all while potentially laying one to two eggs per night increasing your problem. We recommend use of bed bug bite proof mattress encasements and special bed bug box spring covers for residential and hotel properties after a bed bug problem. For pricing and more information please visit our bed bug mattress cover section.
For best results the makers of NightWatch recommend monitoring for bed bugs for a minimum of seven nights and preferably for fourteen days. Under optimal conditions, the 20 oz. refillable (by Blue Rhino) CO2 bottle will last for seven nights. The CO2 gas is pulsed out over the course of the evening and so if safe to use even in enclosed rooms.
The NightWatch bed bug monitor and trap will cover a room approximately 16' by 16' in size. You may need multiple monitors to cover a room larger in size for best practices.
This is the Cryonite machine. It kills bugs by spraying frozen carbon dioxide vapor; freezing bugs dead where they hide. Find out more info...
Shop online in our store for quality bed bug bite-proof mattress and box spring encasements. Protect your bedding and stop the bites.
We now offer bed bug dog services. Find out why our dogs are better!
New Bed Bug Tools
Find out more about the new tools we sell to monitor, detect, and find bed bugs that are the changing the fight against bed bugs!