Cockroaches may seem an inevitable past of doing business in New York City or northern New Jersey, but your business reputation may hinge on your ability to control and exterminate these noxious pests. Preventing cockroach infestations of commercial properties requires a multi-pronged approach that includes both cockroach prevention measures and commercial pest control services.
Prevention measures include:
- Exclusion to prevent cockroaches from entering the building either in boxes, bags or supply containers or from other buildings or outdoors.
- Sanitation is critical to cockroach control as these insects are attracted by dirt, filth and food scraps.
- Monitoring for cockroach presence allows commercial pest control services to address possible issues before they become a major problem.
Commercial pest control services may include:
- Bait traps to attract and kill roaches. Roaches not only die from eating poisoned baits, they carry poison back to their nests.
- Insect growth regulators prevent immature cockroaches from reproducing when they reach adulthood. Colonies gradually die from attrition.
- Dusts and poisons adhere to the insect’s legs and outer cuticle and are ingested during normal grooming, killing cockroaches directly or through dehydration.
- Cryonite is a revolutionary non-toxic cockroach control method that uses a frozen carbon dioxide mist to instantly kill roaches on contact.
For superior commercial cockroach control, contact the experts at Stern Environmental today.