How much does the average person really know about squirrels? There’s so much more to these rodents than they look cute, like to climb trees, and eat nuts. Here’s five facts via Find Fast that you may not know about squirrels.
- Despite being a rodent, squirrels are actually really clean. This is due to the fact that they take a long time grooming themselves. Just because they are clean, doesn’t mean you want them around.
- They are often called pests. This is due to squirrels causing extensive damage to homes, buildings, and trees. One way they cause damage is by chewing on electrical wires to sharpen their teeth. If you find an infestation of squirrels in your house, call a professional pest control service, like us at Stern Environmental Group.
- Their tails are very important. They use it to communicate, and it provides balance. It also acts like a parachute.
- There’s hundreds of squirrel species. Some types include flying squirrels, tree squirrels, ground squirrels, and American Grey squirrels.
- They don’t just eat nuts. Some species eat sap, plants, seeds, bark, insects, and small animals. Some include caterpillars, snakes, and baby birds.
If you have a squirrel problem, contact our professional experts at Stern Environmental Group. Our company specializes in NJ squirrel control. Not in NJ? Don’t worry, we also offer squirrel and pest control services in New York City, Long Island, and their surrounding suburbs.