A mouse may look cute in a cartoon, but mice are a nuisance when they infiltrate your apartment, office building, restaurant and store. They are dirty and they can carry diseases.
Here are a few facts about mice:
- The house mouse is called Mus musculus and commonly found in residences and commercial buildings.
- There are many other varieties of mice including field, wood, spiny, zebra and dormouse.
- Mice are nocturnal meaning they come out at night seeking anything edible.
- They eat 15 to 20 times in 24 hours.
- The average mouse is one to seven inches long and weighs about a pound.
- The female mouse can have a litter of four to a dozen baby mice every month.
- Female mice build nests in dark places chewing up paper, wire, clothing and insulation.
- Storage rooms of food stores and restaurants are favorite nesting places since food is readily available.
- They can chew through bags.
- Their dried droppings can carry harmful pathogens causing disease.
Mice must be eradicated to keep your commercial property safe and clean.
Stern Environmental Group sells a special mouse tracking program that finds mice nests and eliminates them. The mice enter a food-based trap that contains florescent powder that provides an ultra-violet track to their nests where they are eradicated.
Contact us today to learn more about this method of eliminating mice in your commercial buildings in New York City and New Jersey.