A bed bug infestation in your home or business can turn into an uncomfortable itching session sooner or later. When bed bugs invade your property, immediate steps must be taken to eliminate these bloodsucking pests and treat infested areas.
Tips from the Environmental Protection Agency
If you’re going to attempt to rid your property of bed bugs on your own, it’s highly recommend that you carefully follow these safety tips, provided by the Environmental Protection Agency.
• Only use pesticides that have been approved by the EPA. If the product does not carry a registration number from the EPA, which is found on the label, then the product has not been determined to kill bed bugs.
• Never use a pesticide that hasn’t been approved for eliminating bed bugs.
• Never assume you know how to use the product. Read the label from top to bottom to ensure you follow all applicable safety steps and properly use the product. This includes where it can be used, under what conditions, overexposure, and any harmful effects to humans and pets.
• Using both heat and cold techniques are options for NYC pest control. These methods are best administered by a professional NYC pest control company with technicians skilled in the proper use of specialized equipment.
NYC Pest Control officials often receive complaints about ants spoiling the food supplies stored in a facility. This occurs because ants go everywhere in search of food, which leads them to the facility’s food supply. If the ants come in contact with food containers and manage to chew through the protective packaging, the food has to be thrown out.
5. They Can Get Through The Tiniest Cracks
Because of their small size and the fact that they can stick to virtually any surface, ants can enter your facility through the smallest opening. Even if you take the most careful measures, all it takes is an opening no more than a millimeter or so wide for ants to begin their invasion.
6. They Leave Trails That Attract More Ants
Ants secrete a hormone that acts as a signal for other ants, and allows them to follow the first ant’s path into the facility. This means you don’t just have to worry about one ant colony, but rather any ant that picks up the scent can arrive with a new colony in tow.
Ants are widely acknowledged to be the most common household pests in the NYC Pest Control region. There are six reasons why they are causing so much trouble for property owners:
1. They’re Always Found In Large Numbers
Ants are social insects, and they are always found living in colonies which can host many thousands of members. Damage is caused not merely by a single ant, but by an entire colony working together to forage for food and defend its territory against rival colonies.
2. They Burrow Inside Every Space
Ants are incredibly industrious creatures, and will go over every inch of your home or facility in their never-ending quest for food and shelter. The result of this relentless quest takes the shape of hollowed-out walls within the structure. In addition to the obvious impact to the property’s structural integrity, having people and ants in close proximity inevitably leads to the annoyance factor and stings.
3. They Can Pose Serious Health Hazards
Ant stings are painful and, for those with allergies, can seriously affect your health. If ant stings cause an allergic reaction, then you could end up in the hospital or in rare cases even die.