Maybe you’re hearing the pitter-patter of little feet running across the ceiling or there’s scratching sounds emanating from the attic. If so, this could only mean one thing: squirrels.
Getting Rid of Squirrels in the Attic
There have always been bats in the belfry and right along with them are squirrels in the attic. Whether they’ve moved in for warmth during the cold season or to have their babies in a safe environment, the fuzzy-tailed critters can cause damage to your home.
Tips for NJ Squirrel Removal
Consider these do-it-yourself tips to help alleviate the problem.
– Place wire mesh over exterior ventilation vents leading to the attic.
– For homes with a chimney, cover the chimney cap with wire mesh or a chimney cap.
– If there are holes leading into your home large enough for a squirrel to squeeze through, repair them.
– Secure any openings that may exist between the attic and any and all rooms in the home.
– If squirrels are present in the attic, they need a way in and out. When sealing potential entry spots, leave a hole open to lure the squirrels out; then seal it to prevent reentry.
When unwanted critters invade your home, you need the services of a professional NJ squirrel removal service. That’s where Stern Environmental can help. With humane removal techniques, we’ll take care of getting your home squirrel-free. Call us today for a home inspection.