To ensure a hospitable hotel environment, eradicating pests is a must, and safeguarding against bed bugs is essential to your your business’ future. Don’t put the reputation of your hotel and the health of your guests and staff at-risk. Be proactive in the fight against bed bugs with these tips from your neighborhood NJ bed bug exterminator.
Practice Bed Bugs 101
Educate staff on your pest prevention strategy, including how to find bed bugs and best practices for keeping bed bugs at bay. Look for:
– Red/rusty stains (dry blood on mattresses/sheets).
– Tan/yellowish skin castings and eggshells/eggs.
– Dark spots that smear when wiped with a moist rag (fecal matter).
– Flat, oval-shaped brown/reddish 4-5mm bugs.
Customer complaints, inspections, and treatments should be religiously tracked to prevent the spread of bed bugs and ensure rapid, effective bed bug elimination treatment.
Seal areas prone to infestation, using proper mattress and pillow encasements.
Deal with Bed Bugs Quickly & Effectively
Work within 5-feet of the bed. These methods work most effectively:
– Freeze: Bedding in extreme cold 48-72-hours.
– Steam: Send infected items for a steam wash.
– Vacuum: Carefully vacuum headboard, mattress seams, crevices and hiding places. Securely seal vacuum bag and dispose. Clean, isolate and vacuum.
– Go Pro: With professional frozen carbon dioxide treatments for immediate elimination.
Ensure bed bugs don’t bite at your hotel with the help of a knowledgeable NJ bed bug exterminator. Contact Stern Environmental today.